Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Happy Halloween

Don and I have a quaint Halloween planned. Nothing can top a DeMille or a Page Halloween Party (two of our friends up north who both host awesome Halloween Parties with elaborate decorations and even better company) so we are not even going to try. Our gaming group is getting together tonight for what else but gaming. Camille is making her spooktacular ravioli lasagna. I ordered "Freaks" from Netflix - a 1930's horror classic cast with authentic circus people. Maybe we will get around to watching it. I'm curious to see if we get any tricker treaters. I don't expect that many. I'm hoping to get home early enough to take Seumas for a walk in his "costume" - his little brown trench coat. I don't have a costume for Cordy but maybe I will throw her little pink sweater on or something.

Happy Halloween!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did you like Freaks? It seams tame by todays standards... I watched it a few years back

Andrew Hogg

Cindy said...

Freaks was pretty interesting. The commentary and history behind it was almost as interesting as the movie itself. Yes, very tame by today's standards but very shocking at the time. I especially liked the part in the opening prologue where it said that never again would another such movie be filmed because medical advances would rapidly eliminate all birth defects. Despite the fact that it is a horror film that seems to exploit people's abnormalities it had a surprisingly progressive message of tolerance. It's also just interesting watching a movie from the 1930's regardless of the content - seeing what kind of effects they were capable of and imagining what the lives were like of people so many generations ago.