Saturday, October 20, 2007

Home Sweet Home

Here I am in Eugene for a quick three day weekend trip. Arrived around 2:00 a.m. on Friday night (after two hours of flight delays). And I fly back to LA tomorrow evening. I am so glad to be home. It has been wonderful to see my family. My niece is just adorable. She is talking now which makes her 1000 times more interesting and I was already quite fond of her. Some of my favorite sayings for the weekend have included the following:

Standing in line at the food court in the mall, Amber says to random woman waiting behind us, "Hi Lady. Me Amber."

In the car with Mommy on the way to Grandma's house to see Aunt Cindy...
Terri: "Do you remember Aunt Cindy?"
Amber: "Want to see Seumas."

At the grocery store with Grandma and Aunt Cindy, Amber spots some Care Bear Stickers:
Amber points: "Care Bear Stickers Grandma!"Grandma hands stickers to Amber. Amber examines stickers and says, "Care Bears look sleepy." Cradles "sleepy" stickers to her cheek.

I met up with my good friend Summer on Saturday night. She gave me a fabulous haircut and then we went out to the bars. We had a very good time but I was irresponsible and mixed my alcohols (lots of them). I paid severly for it this morning and my hangover took me out most of the day which was a bummer considering my time here is short. But Terri and Matt are talking about trying to take a trip out to see us in January or February if they can work it out with their vacation time at work. So I'm really hoping they can make it work! I will be sad to go back to LA, but at the same time I miss my husband so I'm also looking forward to it.

4 comments:

Kristy said...

Yay...welcome home!! I wish I could be there too! Wow...no bake cookies....I can't remember the last time I have had those. Yummy!!!

I think I have gotten caught up on my sleep now--when I woke up this morning it was 10:30. All I could say was, "Holy Cow!" I hope you had a good rest after your unsettling evening and can start today refreshed. Give everyone a big hug for me!

CV said...

I can't see the post but I hope you are having a wonderful time in Oregon. Did you make paper worms?

Cindy said...

Yes, we made paper worms tonight at Abby's Pizza Parlor right next to where I went to high school. And Amber loved them.

Mom and I bought the stuff to make the no bake cookies but my hangover kind of spoiled those plans. Maybe we will get to them tomorrow. Also hoping to do a little sales tax free Christmas shopping so we will see what we have time for.

Kristy said...

Yay, I'm glad you had time to re-post about your weekend. I hope you are getting lots of pictures, too!!! Very cute Amber sayings...I can't wait to see her again too!