Monday, October 22, 2007

It's Halloween ... in my dreams

The spooky Halloween holiday is fast approaching. I haven't thought about costumes or anything like that. I will have to see what I can throw together with what I have in my house. I don't feel like putting too much into it. But apparently I'm thinking about Halloween on some level because last night I had the following interesting dream...

I was still at home here in Eugene. But my friend Courtney's house (right around the corner from my parents) had somehow turned into a haunted house. Not the fake kind but a real live haunted house and somehow in order to save the world, I had to go inside and defeat the house. So along with about 30 other people, we entered willingly, some out of a sense of duty and some naively looking for a cheap Halloween thrill. We were all locked inside in haunted house fashion. Of course on the inside, it was not the familiar house of my best childhood girlfriend but a gigantic manshion with winding staircases and endless hallways with room after room. I banded together with a couple of other people for safety and we were going through the house with relative ease unlocking clues and doing quite well. But then as haunted houses are so good at doing, the house managed to separate us. As one girl entered through the door to the next room the house shut the door behind her and locked us out. By the time got the door open it was a completely different room and she was gone. Instead we were attacked by two ghouls (which for the most part looked like ordinary human beings with dark makeup under their eyes). I defended the party by picking up the one guy and swinging him around by his ankles and smashing his head against the wall over and over agin. Even in my dream I remember thinking, 'Wow. This does not make sense scientifically. With how much bigger and taller he is then me I should not be strong enough or tall enough to do this. Either I must have super strength right now from my adrenaline being up or ghouls must way a lot less than real humans do.' So I killed the first ghoul and then tried to do the exact same thing to the second but for some reason her head would not break. I think I must have woken up shortly after that because that is the last thing I remember.

2 comments:

Kristy said...

D@mn those ladies whose heads won't bust!!

Sort of reminds me of the scene from Monty Python and the Holy Grail....someone swinging a cat against the wall, and it crying out, ree-OWWWW! Then you hear the beckoning call to "Bring out your dead....bring out your dead..." And you see the old man being carried away calling back, "I'm not dead yet!!"

CV said...

I hope you feel better soon and are able to get back into the office tomorrow. It's hard being sick, especially for someone as active as you are. Let us know if there is anything you need. Drink fluids and get lots of sleep!

Bummer about Thursday's session being canceled but I'm kind of relieved since it will give me another chance to stick to my new routine of exercise after work and being in bed on time.