Monday, October 15, 2007

Robbed!

This has been an interesting Monday morning. I arrived to work to discover that our building had been robbed over the weekend. I work in a three story building which is owned by the owner of our company. The finance department (that's me and Steve) are on the ground floor along with the auction salespeople (Michael and Rob) and our IT person (Val). The second floor is accounting, reception, marketing and all of the VP types who I actually don't really know what they do but they have big names on their door and look important. The third floor is rented out to a real estate company. So this morning, it appears that the ground floor (my floor) had been robbed over the weekend. Michael, Rob, and Val all had their computers stolen. For some reason they left mine and Steve's alone. Thank you Robber! Other than the missing computers, you could not tell anyone had even been here. No sign of forced entry and they did not trash the place. Kind of wondering if that disgruntled receptionist they fired last week has been back for revenge?

So Val, Michael and Rob are all trying to find some way to be productive this morning without a computer. Needless to say it's kind of difficult to make sales calls when you don't have any of your contact lists that were on your hard drive, nor any internet access to look up new information. And how exactly does an IT person do IT without a computer? Luckily, Steve and I were unaffected. So I can still process my credits, do my documents, and most importantly, blog about how we got robbed this morning.

4 comments:

CV said...

Gah, Cindy! Oh my gosh, luckily no one was hurt. Nothing like the discovery oif a robbery on a Monday morning to wake you up!

CV said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
CV said...

I'm a goob.

By "oif" I meant "of"! :)

Kristy said...

I hope you have time to blog today!!!