Friday, October 26, 2007

Top 10 things I am looking forward to about being well

Since I got back from Oregon, I have had a nasty cold. Let this be a lesson to all of you to always take your Airborn before flying. I remembered the Dramamine but I knew I was forgetting something. Anyway, I am finally starting feel like I'm on my way to recovery and I can't wait until this thing is completely gone. The way I have been coughing up a storm, some might mistake me for the beloved Demonhunters RPG character - The Tuberculotic Zombie Pirate.

And here are the Top 10 things I am looking forward to about being well:

1. Being able to breath.
2. Regaining my sense of smell.
3. Being able to wear appropriately weathered clothing (instead of a fleece jacket in the midst of a heat wave.)
4. Not having to go to the bathroom every ten minutes from drinking so much water.
5. Being able to work out and walk my dogs (poor kids, they are ticking time bombs of hyperactivity).
6. Sleeping in the same bed as my husband again (I have been sleeping in the spare bedroom so that I can sprawl and cough and fever sweat without bothering his sleep patterns and hopefully spare him of this dreadful disease.)
7. Having the energy to do the daily chores - cooking, cleaning, grocery shopping.
8. Making a trip to the farmer's market and planning some good healthy meals - I am reading "Animal, Vegetable, Mineral" right now and it's inspired me to make an effort to support local farmers.
9. Being able to think clearly once the hazy fog is gone from my stuffy head.
10. And finally, being able to do something other than sit around and watch t.v. all day.

2 comments:

Lena said...

Wishing you a speedy recovery!

CV said...

I really enjoyed seeing you on Saturday and wished there was something I could have done to take away that cough you have. I hope you get better soon. When you do, we'll have to have our first book club meeting! :)