Monday, October 01, 2007

Hiking

I joined a hiking club on meetup.com. It's really a great thing. They plan all of the hikes, give you the stats such as level of difficulty, how long, elevation gain, etc. They tell you a time and a place to meet and send you directions. All you have to do is RSVP and show up. So I am excited about this new hobby. On Saturday Don and I went to REI to get new hiking boots. One pair of hiking boots alone can be a spendy item, but two pairs really adds up! It reminds me of the time in Bellingham when we went out and bought our bicycles. I hope we get more use out of these. Ever since I took my girls trip to wine country the other weekend, I've awakened an interest to start getting out and exploring more of this new region that we live in. I can't think of a better way to do it than through hiking.

2 comments:

CV said...

I finally went to meetup.com and joined a hiking group and a wine/food group. I'm so excited for the first event to be planned!

Kristy said...

When is your first hiking trip?? I recently got some new hiking shoes with the intention of hitting some of the metro park trails, and maybe heading down to hocking hills in the near future. It would be beautiful in the fall (if we can shake this 90-degree weather!!)