Sunday, October 07, 2007

Happy :)

Last night we hosted Matt's Birthday BBQ at our house. Since we have such a nice space for entertaining that can accommodate a lot of people Matt and Camille asked if they could have it at our place instead of their very lovely, but somewhat more crowded apartment. And of course we said, "Of course!"

We grilled hamburgers, hot dogs, bratwursts, and corn. Also, we got to meet a lot of Matt's friends from AFI that we haven't met yet. It was a really pleasant crowd and all seemed to have a good time. The two comments we got all night which I don't think I will ever get tired of hearing were, "I love your house," and "I love your dogs." As always, Cordy and Seumas charmed the pants off of everyone. I love my life.

After a week long schedule of fun and celebration, today we start to wind down as Jeff, Tina, Brie and Steve get ready to fly out this evening. Our final planned event of this weekend is Brunch at Matt and Camille's on their Rooftop Sun Porch (the eight of us). Camille is making a brunch casserole, I will assemble my favorite fruit salad (golden delicious apples, strawberries, and blueberries with lemon yogurt dressing from scratch), and there is talk of Mimosas. Got to get ready to go now. Those Mimosas are calling my name!

4 comments:

Kristy said...

How were the mimosas? Glad you had a fun week with all your friends!

Cindy said...

The mimosas were delicious! I wish I had one right now! Except, that probably wouldn't be very appropriate at work. :)

CV said...

How about Mimosa's on Thursday? :)

CV said...

Ok I fixed it! :) Glad you caught that.

Somehow, it's always easier vaccuming someone else's home than your own. Seems to go by faster. And it was the least I could do for everything you and Don did for us last weekend!