Monday, October 29, 2007

Icky Sicky

Now that I am finally starting to feel better (not that this lingering cough is ever going to go away) poor Don has come down with a Virus of a different kind - the stomach flu. There is nothing quite so pitiful as hearing your partner lose their lunch from the next room. Heart wrenching :( The doctor happily confirmed that it was not a life threatening illness and ordered Don home to a day of bed rest. So I am happy that he is at home resting rather than trying to work through it. Still no word on when they will get the go ahead to start moving their shop but one thing's for sure... it won't be today. Looks like it's another week of Chicken Noodle soup for our house.

6 comments:

CV said...

Oh no! Matt and I will be taking extra good care then since he was at our place yesterday (yay for Airborne). I hope he feels better soon. :( Poor guy.

Yes, it is awful to hear someone you love throwing up, but as I am a community puker, I tend to plug my ears when that happens. It doesn't seem very consoling to Matt though so I make up for it with lots of homemade soup.

Cindy said...

What pray tell is a "community puker"?

CV said...

When I hear someone puking, I join right in. :P

carolyn said...

I am glad you are feeling better and hope Don feels better soon too. It doesn't sound like a lot of fun. At least it isn't during the holidays.

Don Early said...

Well after sleeping the majority of the day yesterday and taking my new anti-nausea pills, I feel 95% better today. I still have a headache and a very small knot in my gut, but I think that's due to dehydration. I'm able to keep down fluids now, and had a bowl of oatmeal for breakfast, so I think it's pretty much gone.

Also, the Realtor dropped by the keys to the new place this morning, so looks like the exodus will be happening soon. Just waiting to get word from the general.

Jenny said...

God, there is nothing worse than a sick man....Husband has grumpy intestines and I'll hear about it for a week:

I don't feel good.

I'm starting to feel better, but I still don't feel good.

I'm feeling better, but remember, yesterday I didn't feel so good.

Remember that I didn't feel good? Now I feel better.

Lord.