Friday, November 30, 2007

Oh Christmas Tree

Don and I were both exhausted last night when we got home from work. I made no effort to work out or cook a healthy dinner. I was resigned to spending an evening reading by the light of my Christmas tree and really looking forward to it. And that's exactly what I did. Don mentioned that he had spoken with Jeremy earlier that day and that they wanted to come by and work on developing a new gaming character for the campaign since Jeremy's died on Wednesday. Perfect! I immediately tossed Harry Potter aside and surrounded myself with gaming books instead. Matt is going to be starting a new campaign in January and I have yet to decide what I'm going to play. So last night I immersed myself in gaming books and searched for ideas and inspiration. And finally towards the end of the night I came up with an idea that actually excites me. I'm going to create a character with a basic background, a basic class (probably rogue), and instead of planning her future out for her from the getgo, since we're starting at level one, I think I'll actually let her advance as is fitting to the story and decide what other classes she is going to take as we progress. Anyway, it was a most relaxing evening well spent and I'm looking forward to spending much more time with my Christmas tree this weekend. Thank God it's Friday.

Also, FYI, it is raining today. How cool is that?

1 comment:

CV said...

I think it's funny that everyone here is freezing and I'm perfectly fine. I guess I'm a PNW girl at heart! :)

Yay for the character! I know Matt is super excited about running this campaign. He even went to the game store last night and bought a few more books.