Sunday, November 11, 2007

Rockstar

Yep, I am officially a Rockstar. This weekend Don and I were introduced to and then promptly purchased the PS2 game Guitar Hero. Man is it fun! How awesome is it that we can play the guitar without actually having to learn how to play the guitar?! You can read all about it in Don's Blog. Anyway, after a full day of rocking out, something unexpected happened to me this morning at 9:00 a.m. in the grocery store parking lot. I was actually hit on by a decently attractive, genuinely nice, non-creep. When does THAT happen? After a brief encounter of him showing me how to get into the Washington Mutual ATM lobby during non-business hours (swipe your debit card on the side of the door) and my thanking him profusely as I may have never figured it out on my own, he started to walk away to his car, had a minor inner struggle and a few seconds later turned back to me. And his pickup line... "I'm sorry, just one more thing, I have to tell you that that sweater really brings out your eyes." He asked me my name, introduced himself, shook my hand and then asked with hopeful eyebrow raised, "Single?" I broke the news to him gently, told him that he made my day anyway and that for what it was worth, if I wasn't already married to the man of my dreams, I would have given him my number. The sweater in reference - my $10 sweatshirt hoodie from target with accidental paint splatters all over it from the Rebuilding Tacoma Project. Considering that I had not yet showered, put any makeup on, or dressed up in the slightest, I'm thinking it could only have been one thing that captivated him... my rockstar glow. I have my first groupie!

5 comments:

Kristy said...

That's an hilarious entry. Wow, we should all have groupies. Pretty soon you'll have to start handing out autographs. So, what's your rockstar name going to be? We should all have rockstar names, too. Rockstar names and groupies...now THAT is living large! ;o)

Kristy said...

So, I shared your post with Kirstie and she commented, "I guess that means we'll need to buy it, too, after we get back from California...."

Cindy said...

I hear they also have an eighties rock Guitar Hero. We'll have to rent that when you are here!

Kristy said...

OHMYGOSH YES!

CV said...

You are one HOT ROCKIN babe! :) I'll give it a shot on Thursday after my appointment. But you guys have to come over sometime and see the South Park episode on Guitar Hero!