Saturday, November 24, 2007

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas

Don and I had no desire to do any shopping yesterday. The stores in LA are crowded enough on a normal day without having to fight the rat race of Black Friday. However, I really wanted to dip in and out of Costco really quick to pick up an artificial Christmas Tree. I figured if I was just going in and out for one thing I could tolerate the chaos. Then Don needed to go to Target because something he was planning to order for his family was no longer available on Target.com. So we decided to just suck it up and go because otherwise we would just have been sitting around the house all day anyway.

But the whole experience ended up being awesome. We went at 1:00 p.m. and by that time the crowds must have come and gone already. It was actually LESS busy than it would have been on a normal day at both stores. At Target we found the item we were looking for $15.00 cheaper than we expected, and at Costco we ended up browsing and picking up a few more gifts for people in addition to the tree. We splurged a little and bought a really nice pre-lit 7.5 foot tall artificial tree with very life like needles and nice full branches. It was so easy to put together Don and I about laughed. Here are a few pictures of our tree assembly. Today I need to go back to the store and get a tree skirt and some stockings for the fireplace.

Cordy and Seumas Surf the Christmas Tree Box.

The dogs pose in front of the tree.

The finished product.


Close Ups

The Angel

Our other Angel

2 comments:

Kristy said...

Yay! Thanks for sharing the pictures! Nice to see the dogs getting into the Christmas spirit, too. I will have to listen to some Christmas CD's before the weekend is over! =o)

CV said...

I love all of your pictures! I can't wait to see your tree, it looks beautiful. We haven't had a Christmas tree for some time now, but mostly because the cats would destroy it. But perhaps a fake one is the way to go!