Thursday, November 29, 2007

Working it out

Yesterday at work was insane. Since things are slow on the auction side of things, the beloved company owner has nothing to do himself so he is micromanaging everyone else - except me. But he is micromanaging my boss which to a certain extent falls back in my lap. Now, I am actually quite busy this week already with lots of projects piled up on my desk to get to and lots of ambitions. But when owner man is asking for updates/reports/files/information from my boss every five minutes, guess who my boss is asking for assistance with these requests. I kid you not, I could not complete a single task yesterday without being interrupted ten times. It was incredibly irritating, and I admit that by the end of the day I was wearing my irritation on my sleeve. Thanks be to God that last night was gaming night and I got to go home and unwind to an awesome session which included one party death (Thanks Remus for your ultimate sacrifice) and mucho experience points.

Today, however, I am prepared. I have my legal pad out and am ready to make a list to prioritize tasks as they are given to me. I'm not going to allow my day to be picked apart so scatter brained on the fly as things come up. Instead, when new task is given to me I'll write it down and let him know that I'll get to things in their proper order.

Additionally, we just found out this week that the owner wants to reorganize our work space to rent out the "extra room" and generate a profit. So Steve and I have to move across the hallway over by the sales guys some time next week. It will be a small downgrade and not quite as comfortable, but at least we will still be down in the basement where people will leave us alone. Plus, the sales guys are really cool so at least they will make nice office mates. That being said, I am highly motivated to get my desk cleaned off before we have to move. So much to do, I won't have much time to blog or chat the next couple of days but I will update as I get time.

1 comment:

Kristy said...

Thanks for the update. As you know, I have been equally busy at work and haven't had much time to chat. I sure am looking forward to Christmas break!! =o)