Thursday, November 15, 2007

Dear Santa

It has been a very good year. Don and I have been very happy with our move to California, as have Cordy and Seumas. We found a nice home, a nice church, a nice group of friends, and everyone is healthy and doing well. There truly isn't anything I need this year. But if you feel that I have been extra good and still want to bring me something, here are a few things I would not mind ending up in my stocking...

A new sharp vegetable peeler. Mine is old and dull. Don cursed 6 times last night when he was trying to peel the potatoes for me. I counted. But please don't put him on your naughty list. Other than that he has been a very good boy.

One of those hand held pastry blenders, you know, for mixing pie dough. Then maybe I could do some more baking. I would really like to try to make a Shephards Pie some day but I think it would be better if I made my own crust.

A muffin tin. Don't have one. Now that we don't live with Emily anymore I can't borrow hers.

A large crockpot. The one we have is too small for most things I want to make (like Corned Beef and Cabbage!) and one of its little tripod legs is broken so it wobbles.

I would love some new kitchen towels and wash cloths. All of mine or old and worn out. They don't have to be fancy. Just new and clean.

Some new regular white sweat socks. Again, old and warn out.

A subscription for Cooking Light magazine or any of the Cooking Light annual cookbooks (except for 2003 and 2004 since I already have those) so I can continue to find new inspiration for my cooking blog. Plus I really like Cooking Light magazine since it is organized by month and usually highlights the freshest in seasonal fruits and vegetables.

Nice heavy duty calphalon pots and pans with lids that are oven safe or a dutch oven. Time to wean out some of our old cheap ones, plus, Don melted one of the lids that wasn't supposed to go in the oven.

The Harry Potter DVD's - all five of them, I don't have any and I LOVE THEM. I especially love to watch them around Christmas time.

More exercise pants size medium and not too long please.

The list is not in any particular order of desire, just a few things I have been daydreaming about lately. Thanks Santa!

Love,
Cid Kid

3 comments:

CV said...

Ok, this gives me an idea of what to get you for christmas. Thank you! :)

Lena said...

You should go to Borders (or anywhere else for that matter) and look at the post-Halloween sales: I found perfectly good tea-towels for 75 percent off (so like 2 bucks for 2 towels). As long as you don't mind the theme print that is ...

I hope Santa finds you this year, I'll let him know as we will be begin Christmas celebrations next weekend.

P.S. just go buy your own peeler, such an important kitchen tool should only be bought by the main user, otherwise the profanity may continue. D.S.

Jenny said...

Forget the pastry cutter, it's much easier in a food processor. Or get a cutter that's not so flexible. The butter get's all caught up in those.