Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Well, today Kristy is at a conference so I am all by myself at work - no one to instant message with. So I guess I will write in my blog!

Our house is coming together very nicely! We got many rooms completed this weekend, including getting some of our artwork hung which of course brings a lot more life to the place. We have quite the fung shue going on in our house. A very nice arrangment of space and very homey and inviting. Basically at this point we have completed the Kitchen, Dining Room, Living Room, Bathrooms, and Master Bedroom. The Den is pretty much arranged but still needs little bit of cleaning and organizing. And I'm still not sure what I think about the arrangment of food in the cabinets. I think I still need to switch a few things around to find the right flow to the room. We have TONS of cabinet space but the cabinets are very tall as well and many of the upper cabinets I need a two step stool to reach. So I have to figure out how to arrange things such that the most common items are within easy reach and the uncommon things out of the way.

The two rooms that need the most work at this point are the spare bedroom and the office area. The spare bedroom for the moment has become our junkroom for boxes that we have yet to unpack, empty suitcases, everything that doesn't have it's own space yet. The office is looking a little better. Don brought the last load of our stuff home from the work on Monday night which basically was all of the DG office Equipment. So we got all of the filing cabinets and desks arranged in the office - or should I say the new DG Office. Now we can start unpacking all of the office supplies and files and all of that. There are a couple of medium sized storage closets in the office which will be nice to store old file boxes and such. Don also found a great deal on a refurbished flat screen monitor for the DG computer which will be a great spacesaver. Also, we did get our phone and internet installed this weekend so we are looking forward to having the office cleaned up and functional and we can get back to taking care of some of our paperwork again. The funny thing is we got our phone and internet through a cable provider but we didn't order the cable. Our phone does come with free national long distance though so we are excited about that.

Last night I cleaned up the back porch and we had our first Grill out at our house. Matt and Camille have appointments in Sherman Oaks on Tuesday nights just a few blocks from our house so they came on by afterwards and Rian and Jayden came over as well. We grilled up some steaks, gourmet sausages, and vegetables with this amazing simple yogurt pesto dip for the veggies. Also we sliced up some watermelon and drank some beer of course. Camille and Matt bought us this adorable delicious chocolate raspberry cake that said "welcome home" on it. It was very cute and very thoughtful and did I mention delicious!? It was so great to have people over and to be able to entertain now that our house is put together.

Well, it looks like I actually have some work to do now.

2 comments:

Kristy said...

Sorry I missed you today...but my seminar was good. Nice to have the opportunity to do some "library stuff" while I am out of school for the summer. I will try to post some of my reflections in my blog when I get a chance.

Congrats on continuing to get your house in order. Sounds like you are really settling in well to your new place, new environment, new jobs, etc. I'm excited for you!!

CV said...

We had a great time too! Take some Airborne though, because I woke up feeling ill this morning. :P