Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Living and Dining - Two of our Favorite Things

The Living Room and Dining Room are where we spend most of our time when we get home from work. We have been making dinner when we get home in the evenings and eating together on the dining room table most nights. Below is our gated enteryway and front door which brings you right into the living room. We are very happy with the way the living room turned out. It is very light and airy and has a nice feel to it. With our comfortable couch and recliner it is a great place to relax too. The fireplace is a working gas fireplace but we probably won't use it. I can't imagine ever being cold in California.




The Dining room is a very nice space as well. As you can see we got the China hutch all set up in here, bought a new wine rack, and a nice shelf for my cookbooks. We don't have a dining room table yet so for now we are using a folding table but it actually looks decent with the tablecloth and place settings on it. I am not in a hurry to get a new one. There are other things we would rather spend our money on at this point. The room even has a not too tacky chandelier with dimming switch on it so we can set the mood.

5 comments:

Don Early said...

Yeah, I come home from work so tired that I just can't be bothered with a chair. We eat ON the dining room table!

Kristy said...

LOL...I noticed that comment, too, and chuckled at the imagery.

I also noticed the little dachshunds you have sitting on top of your videos in the living room--how cute!

Cindy said...

The dachshunds were a great gift from our friends the DeMilles back in T-Town. Believe it or not they found them at a Garage Sale. I just can't believe anyone would want to get rid of them. They are so adorable! Even though they are Christmas and Halloween dachshunds we leave them out all year round because they are just too cute. We love them!

Cindy said...

Kristy, did you notice the clothespin rocking chair also on our mantle?

Kristy said...

Oh yeah...I remember you talking about getting them from a Garage Sale once upon a time...I just hadn't seen them yet.

Cool on the rocking chair! I didn't look closely at that photo, but I just went back and saw it now. I'll have to show Kirstie, too.