Thursday, June 28, 2007

Gen Con Bound

Well, it's official. Don and I will be attending Gen Con together this year. I really wanted to go but wasn't sure if I would be able to swing it what with the expenses (refer to my last post about the impromptu giant screen t.v. purchase) and with the new job. However, today, Don was able to find roundtrip tickets for the pair of us for $530 - that's together not a piece. With that great of a deal I decided it was worth it to check with my boss and see if he could live without me for those four days. He said that we could make it work so I just gave Don the go ahead to purchase the tickets. So I am very excited. Not only will this be a nice vacation time with Don but a chance to see other friends from Tacoma that we no longer live close to. Plus, I understand that DG is not going to be working their own booth this year but instead will have a designated presence at the Paizo booth. Hopefully that will mean that there will be less business obligations and time for more fun and relaxation. The ... how shall I say ... interesting thing at the moment is that since I told Don earlier that I couldn't go he and Stevie had already reserved a single hotel room to share. So it looks like Don, Stevie and I will all be sharing a King Sized Bed. Aren't vacations fun????

7 comments:

Kristy said...

Congrats on your decision to go! That will be nice for you both to see old friends. Sounds like lots of fun!

Lena said...

How about you kick all the boys off the bed and just enjoy being the supreme queen of the hotel room?

Cindy said...

Hmmmmm.... Now that's a thought... A whole King sized bed to myself? No boys and no dogs? I could get used to that :) On the other hand, a king sized bed WITH boys could be fun too;)

CV said...

I think Lena has the right idea! :)

Jenny said...

Cozy...maybe Stevie could just find another "roommate" for the conference? He's a charming sweetheart of a guy. We have faith in his abilities.

Barb said...

Where is the convention Cindy?
Have agood time whatever you decide to do.

Cindy said...

The convention is in Indianapolis. The nice thing is that our hotel is connected to the convention center so that will be convenient.