Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Ups and Downs

Well, this morning I was feeling a little depressed - probably the first bit of genuine homesickness since I've been here. I missed my old job. I miss already knowing exactly what I'm doing, the familiarity of it, the relationships with my coworkers and my brokers and my customers, the fact that everything is already well oiled and perfected over time, the fact that I really didn't mind getting up and going to work in the morning and for the most part enjoyed my time there. I don't miss not getting paid very much.

Here, I definitely wouldn't say that I look forward to going to work in the morning. I don't dread it either though. And I have had jobs before that I dreaded going to work so I know the difference. It's not like that. I am in the job I want to be in. I have a lot of freedom. I have a lot to bring to the company. Right now it is really easy since everything is still in startup mode. But the days are a little bit long and boring and it's difficult to get any momentum and motivation going. But I am slowly getting more organized and proving my worth to the company. And my boss is easy. He doesn't care if I come in late, go home early, surf the internet, even read a book as long as I get my work done. This morning he joked around and said that we should bring in a monopoly game or something to entertain ourselves until business picks up.

This morning I called up a titling service and got some information to start working with them on our titled transactions. It is very nice considering that they handle both instate and out of state titling so they will be a good source of information on all of our titled transactions. This is a good thing since my manager does not know anything about titling and I will be able to be the authority on that subject. So I got the information I needed from them on the current transaction that I am working on as well as an application for future services. They can also invoice us for payment so that we do not have to have all fees in order prior to submitting for title transfer. So I am excited now to have them as a resource and feel like I accomplished something valuable today. So I am feeling more excited. Again, it's not that I'm unhappy here, it's just that I miss what I had to leave behind. Basically, I want to have my cake and eat it too.

2 comments:

Kristy said...

I"m glad you're feeling better.

Sorry if I made you depressed by BEATING YOU AT THE 15 MINUTE GAME!! Mwah-ah-ah-ah!

Better luck next time!!!! (Hee-hee)

;o)

CV said...

Hang in there, sweetie. Before too long, you'll be so busy that you'll wish for those slower days! :)