Friday, September 07, 2007

Good Start

Last night was our first night of gaming for our Eberon Campaign in 4 weeks. Missed one week due to traveling, skipped one due to low energy, and one week we play tested the Quick Start guide to the new Demonhunters RPG (super fun). So it was like coming back to an old friend...with old friends. :) We had some very strange encounters last night that were quite interesting to role play especially from the perspective of my character who has a bit of a fascination with the dead. We came across the aftermath of a battle in which the entire battlefield was littered with casualties but some magical element in the land had perfectly preserved all of the bodies even though they had died years ago - very erie. It was pretty devastating and hard will oneself to move forward even in a fictional world. Kudos to the Game Master. Anyway, we had a good session as always, beat some bad guys, and after the experience points were awarded last night my character leveled! So I am now a 4th Level Elf Cleric. And now we must game a lot and game hard because I just realized I get some really cool spells when I get to 5th level!

I had a nice dinner planned of fresh sandwiches and watermelon and was planning on being healthy but when Matt and Camille showed up with the Hard Apple Cider and Chips Ahoy Cookies that went right out the window. Plus, Katy made these awesome green tea truffles but those were from the South Beach Diet cookbook so at least they weren't too bad for you. So I went a little overboard with the snacking and a lot overboard with the cider. But this morning I made up for it by getting up early and walking the dogs before work. It felt really good to be out when the air was still cool and damp and of course the dogs loved it too. They even did well considering I walked them both at the same time which is usually a bit of a challenge. But I just put one on each side of me and for the most part they kept in line. It makes me want to try to get up early and take them out more often.

So now I have arrived at work. I figure since I am off to a productive start of my day I will try to keep that running and get some good work done today here at work (after I finish blogging of course). I don't have many deals pending today so I think I will do some more organizing of the office and then split my time between reading my leasing books and putting some more work into my training manual. Then, assuming I can still keep my productive streak going, I hope to spend some good time cleaning and organizing at home this weekend. We have been in the house long enough now (3 months) that we have started to acquire more STUFF and so instead of the prestine house we had when we first moved in and everything had a place where it belonged, we are now starting to get a build up of clutter. So hopefully we can get everything back in order again and get clean flow of calm energy flowing through the house again. This will make me a much happier person and far more relaxed which I'm sure Don will appreciate as I have been most unfortunately quite edgy and irritable this week.

3 comments:

Kristy said...

What? No Sorry!? We should have had a rematch before I left to break the 1-1 tie! Then we'd know who was the Sorry! Master. =oD

CV said...

I love your Meez too, your shirt is totally you.

Sorry for breaking the healthy habit last night, but we felt bad not bringing anything for awhile.

I woke up feeling sick this morning - must have been all that hard cider staying in my system. I'm back on today, but last night was really fun, even though I was so sleepy. I need to start going to bed earlier on Wednesday nights so I have energy on Thursday evenings!

Kristy said...

I posted my Meez!