Thursday, September 06, 2007

Back to School

Well, it is official. The school year has definitely started. I can tell because my nice non-highway street commute is now suddenly congested all around the 15 schools in between my house and work. So I have been experimenting the last couple of days trying to find the easiest route to take around all the schools with the least congestion. Also, with back to school season, two days a week I am now primarily by myself at work as my instant message buddy, my sister Kristy, is now back to her part time student status and taking classes during working hours when she could be at her desk talking to me! Can you believe it!

Anyway, although it has been a few years since I have been a student, I do still get a little excited thinking back on the start of a new semester and nostalgic for being a student again. But I guess the process of learning doesn't have to stop just because one is not paying thousands of dollars a year to attend university. I'll just have to spend a little more time perusing the library, squeezing in time to read my Leasing books at work, or getting more into book clubs and the like. But the beauty of it is, this I will get to do without deadlines and a grade hanging over my head. I don't even have homework! I guess there is some benefit to not being a student anymore. :)

2 comments:

Kristy said...

Hey, I may be in class now, but it's in the computer lab so I can still post messages on your blog even though I have no instant messenger. ;o)

I just finished my paper with 15 minutes to spare. Yeeehaw!

Must remember: if I take the summer off from school again, I need to practice a little writing every now and then. That first paper is always so painful getting started!

Don Early said...

I can give you homework if you want.