Monday, June 02, 2008

Ready...Set...Relax

As you can tell by the lack of posting, life has been a bity busy and chaotic lately. Both Don and I have been working long hours at work. My work is in transition and currently and have slowly been learning how to and who to delegate certain things to certain people to carry over until our new crew is up to speed. Of course in the meantime, I am carrying the brunt of the load, in certain areas at least. So long hours, a bit of stress, having to make some of my first major middle management decisions. All of it is pretty exciting and I'm happy about where we're going but putting that much energy and time into my professional life has put my personal life temporarily on hold. Haven't seen too much of Don in the past few weeks and the dishes and laundry have suffered tremendously.

Enter Katy and her 28th birthday to the rescue. Katy and Jeremy have a timeshare that allows them to book and stay at a certain series of hotels in a number of different touristy hot spots. For her birthday weekend she decided to book a trip to Solvang. Off we went for a very exciting trip and chance to get away. Although I missed my dogs we had a really fabulous time (the six of us - me and don, jeremy and katy, matt and camille.) Solvang is an adorable little danish town in Santa Barbara area. We had some fun in the pool, ate a lot of good danish food, and did a lot of wine tasting. Don and I are going to be a bigger wine cabinet now! While I admit it took a little while to get detached from thinking about all of the things I "should" be doing at work and at home, I'm excited to say I did finally achieve a state of relaxation, free from worry and obligation. It was a very fun weekend with good friends, good food. A true vacation.

Now that I'm back to work, I have my priorities for the week laid out and am making a point to get even better at delegating so that I can stick to my regular hours. Wish me luck!

1 comment:

CV said...

Good luck! I know you can acheive everything you set your mind to, and maybe even squezze in a couple of lunch breaks. :)