Sunday, June 08, 2008

Out of Place

This morning, on my way to work, I saw a Toyota Camry with racing stripes on it. Does that sound out of place to anyone else?

Speaking of out of place, yes, I am working on a Sunday. I don't plan to make a habit of it, and in fact, I'm not actually working on "my work." Meaning, the active deals and stuff that I have sitting in my inbox, I am purposefully not going to touch today. What I did come in to do though, is to put together a training manual with sample documents, forms, and procedures. No one has ever taken the time to put together any kind of resource for new employees and since our staff is growing, I wanted to do that now. It will help A LOT with the training process in the coming weeks and months and save me lots of time in the long run. So, yes, I am giving up one Sunday to do this project. And truth be told, there is something rather peaceful that I relish about being here by myself, in the peace and quiet, with no distractions, no phone interruptions, no salesmen at my heals with their emergencies that need immediate attention. Just me, my Starbucks, and my NPR. It really isn't the worst way to spend a Sunday.

1 comment:

CV said...

Congrats on the new hire and I hope it means the end of you having to come in on the weekends. :)