Friday, January 11, 2008

Traffic

After a two day sales meeting, including an overnight stay across town, Don is finally on his way back home to begin the weekend - On his way back home at 4:30 on Friday afternoon mind you. Traffic is lovely. So to make the time go by, through the magic of technology we are communicating via mobile phone while co-producing this blog post via laptop.

So, it's probably a good time to officially announce, that while I am still an unemployed vagabond, Don has already in 6 months of his huge promotion received another huge promotion. He is now a technical sales representative for the company which comes with lots of exciting perks like his own fancy pants laptop, lots of bonus potential, an expense account, and the really exciting part ... a car allowance and paid gas card! Woohoo. The lead sales agent for the company, and Don's mentor of sorts, told him that it won't take long before he never knows what the price of gas is anymore. Oh, and also, though he may put in a 12 hour day here and there depending on how aggressive he wants to be, he will get to do that out of the basis of his home office rather than a 4:30 a.m. wake up call across town.

My job search is moving along a little more agressively now. I was kind of in tread water mode while waiting to hear back on the bank position and the leasing position that I blogged about earlier. I finally did hear back from the bank and they said that they still have not made a decision and probably won't for a couple more weeks. Blah. But then talked to the leasing company and they offered the current position to someone else but said that she is "definitely keeping my resume on hand and will be giving me a call as soon as something opens up for someone with my experience." So that is promising but doesn't do me a whole lot of good right now. So I've been doing a lot of researching for positions of interests and sending out applications. I'm getting the most responses right now through staffing agencies and have a couple of potential interviews lined up for next week for leasing and loan documentation positions. The nice thing about the positions through the staffing agencies is that they move a lot quicker with the middle man trying to match you up and close the deal. The one position needs a Lease Administrator who can start next Monday or Tuesday while the other needs people who only have experience with a certain documentation software that I have used in the past so that eliminates a lot of the competition on both accounts. So we will see what comes of those.

After Don's overnight trip and two days of unemployed isolation around my house I am in desperate need of some socialization so Jeremy and Katy are on there way over and we are headed to an exciting dinner at Red Lobster. I'm so hungry I could eat my arm but I think I will exercise some will power and hold off for some awesome cheesy bread.

No comments: