Friday, May 02, 2008

Happy Birthday, Honey

Happy birthday to my wonderful husband who crosses the bridge to a new decade today. 30 years old! I love you baby and I look forward to seeing where we end up by the time the next decade turns over. I'm sorry we couldn't make it to Washington like we planned. But I promise a very special birthday celebration right here in California. We have made special reservations for tonight for a really cool event but I can't tell you about them yet because Don doesn't know where we are going. It's a surprise! And then tomorrow we are hosting a lovely BBQ in our backyard. The weather is cooperating beautifully with highs in the 70s to low 80s. If only we didn't have to squeeze a trip downtown in sometime this weekend to pick up Don's mini from the dealership due to getting a tire replaced that got damaged the other day. Oh well, at least the house is MOSTLY clean and all we have left to do before the BBQ is a little light picking up and some grocery shopping. And I plan to take a half day from work today so I should be able to get most of that done and then have all weekend to celebrate.

In other exciting news, we finally got a doggie door installed in the back and some temporary fencing to keep the pups in the backyard (since there is no separation in the gate/fence between the front and back yard.) So we are trying out this new venture. It is pretty fun to see Cordy's and Seumas' little walnut sized brains trying to figure out how the thing works. We had lots of practice last night coaxed by many treats. Seumas is much brighter than Cordy. She can't figure out where exactly to push on the door to get it to open. So she stands by and watches Seumas and waits for him to get it propped open a little and then plows him over and rushes ahead herself. Come to think of it, that is pretty clever. Maybe she is the smarter one! I promise some action photos soon of the dogs using their new exit along with pictures of our BBQ and Don's birthday weekend.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Those dogs are frickin hysterical! I can't wait to see it first hand.

Kristy said...

I agree with Katy...that is totally hysterical! I can totally envision the whole thing.

Lena said...

Suemas sounds like the smart one to me. Can't wait for photos or better yet, a video???

carolyn said...

They should have it down pat by the time we get there on the 32rd.
Tell Don Happy Birthday! Especially if his card hasn't gotten there yet.

carolyn said...

I mean on the 23rd. lol

Tina said...

I read Camille's blog...Awesome idea! I loved it.