Friday, May 15, 2009

Schedules & Phones & Stuff

Don has a schedule! And it's really not so bad. They have two shifts, an 8:30 to 5:00 and a noon to close which they alternate every other day. One weekday off a week plus every other Sunday. I'm sure I will miss him on the weekends but at least I am seeing him more on the weeknights than I thought I would be. And a day off in the middle of the week might be a nice change too.

He seems to be happy so far with his choice although a bit frustrated that the dealership is taking their sweet time with getting him set up with computer access, etc. Kind of prevents him from being able to start the sales process which sucks since that's what he gets paid for! But he has made use of his time by getting familiar with the cars and stock. Still a little mind numbing though with long hours not really being able to fully dig into the process yet.

He did finally get a login and password yesterday so was able to at least get limited access to websites and stuff. Discovered their security restrictions were so tight he couldn't even access gmail. Since Don lost his company paid cell phone with Revchem, we've been putting off the purchase of a new plan and phone until finances were more settled. Had been planning to wait awhile since starting this new job has been quite expensive already. It's cost us about $500 so far in new wardrobe and special licensing requirements ouch. Well, not being able to instant message my husband during the day was the last straw. We are going ahead with the cell phone purchase although Don has done his research and figured out how to get what he needs for virtually the same amount as we are paying for a landline now. He found a great phone that is Skype compatible. He'll buy a data plan only for about $37 a month and skip the phone service. Then he'll use Skype as his phone service which is only about $3 a month plus $60 annual fee for the phone number. We're cancelling the landline and I got a new battery and wall charger for my prepaid phone. So, to all of my friends who have complained for so long, I will finally be carrying my cell phone on a regular basis, although to keep my minutes down I'll also try to rely on instant messenger and skype to keep in touch with family and friends for longer conversations. Anybody who needs my cell phone number, shoot me an email.

No comments: