Monday, May 11, 2009

Day 1

It is Day 1 of Don's new job at Volkswagon which means lots of changes. It will be an adjustment from working from home, to being unemployed, to working long hours with a long commute; an adjustment for him and for me. I have complete faith in him to take this job by storm and get everything he possibly can from it. And I'm happy for the people who will get to have him guide them through the car buying process. I'm also a little afraid of the unknown not knowing what kind of changes we'll have to make adjusting to our new lifestyles. I asked a friend how she copes with her partner working long hours, and she said they make it work by making the most of the time they do have together. In some ways she said it's kind of like being newlyweds and rediscovering each other all over again. I'm looking forward to that part. I hope Don is having fun test driving everything that VW has to offer.

2 comments:

Mary said...

Is he working at the Glendale one? We drive a Beetle and had ours fixed there once.

Cindy said...

No, he is working at Pacific Volkeswagon in Hawthorne. Apparently it is the largest VW dealership in Sourthern California, over 8 Acres!