Sunday, November 02, 2008

The Numbers

Tomorrow is the official initial weigh in for the start of our Biggest Loser contest at work. But I have the unofficial results. My own weight was pretty much what I expected - 144 pounds. It's Cordy and Seumas' weight that really shocked me - 25 pounds and 19 pounds respectively. OUCH! A healthy weight for them should be about 20 and 15 pounds. They have as much weight to lose as I do! Don is also showing support. He offered to get up with me in the mornings to walk together with the dogs and maybe even do some yoga. I'll also be changing my eating habits quite a bit, 4-5 small meals a day instead of 2-3 larger ones. It's a trick I've learned from watching the Real Biggest Loser show to consume less calories overall but keep your metabolism in high gear. I'm even considering creating an alter ego for my workout persona so that even when I don't feel like working out, I can pretend to be someone else who can't get enough of it!

This may not be the true spirit of the contest, but of course I celebrated my last weekend before the weigh in by consuming everything I won't be allowed to eat for the next two months - pizza, hamburger, fries, chocolate souffle, beer, martinis, mocha, soda and donuts. Bye bye high calorie foods.

2 comments:

Kristy said...

I love the idea of creating an alter ego--that's brilliant! I will have to consider that as well.

EVERYDAY DIFFERENT said...

Hey, let me know if you want to do some early morning workouts. I'd be up for yoga or some fast walks.