Tuesday, August 07, 2007

I have to say, I am a little ashamed at myself. It's 64 degrees outside and I'm actually cold. I've only been living in California for two months and now I need a sweater to go outside in 60 degree weather! But I am quite pleased with the forecast this week. Highs in the low 80s for the next 5 days. Now that is quite a treat. I am especially pleased about the weather report because I recently made a commitment to myself to forego using Airconditioning in my car unless absolutely necessary. And it's really not as hard as you think it would be. I don't have to drive really long distances so I just roll the windows down and bring a bottle of water and voila - save some money on gas and reduce my carbon footprint.

Don and I are going to have to finally bite the bullet and get another car sometime in the next year. It has been so nice not having a car payment for the last four years but alas, our cars are getting older and it is not so practical to drive a truck in the city. We will keep the truck for now but get a commuter car for Don. The problem is we are at total odds as to what kind of car to get and how much money to spend. This when we are trying to save for a house. It is hard to think of forking over 10/20/or 25K that could have gone towards a down payment and bought a lot more house. Well, the good news is we still have at least 6 months to a year to decide as we pay off the rest of the debt from our move and save for the car.

3 comments:

Lena said...

Don't be ashamed, it just means you have adjusted to your surroundings.

I'm the same way everytime I go and visit Sweden during winter time - it's cooooold - and this is from the girl who grew up there and could spend hours upon hours outside playing in the snow.

I'm a cold-weather-whimp now and I blaim it all on the rain that Washington gets.

Terri said...

I know a great way to earn a free car in 1-4 months . . . ;) Oh, come on, you had to know that one was coming!

CV said...

We didn't realize how acclamated we had become to the weather until we went up to Seattle for Christmas. I kept a hat on my head the whole time!