Thursday, February 14, 2008

2 Miles

One of the reasons I have loved living in California is how inviting our neighborhood is for getting outside and walking the dogs in the lovely sunshine and seeing all the cute California homes. There is a wonderful loop that the dogs like to take through our residential neighborhood and I have been curious for some time about the length of the walk so this morning I finally decided pace it out with my car. What do you know, the loop comes out to be one mile exactly! Well, that couldn't be any more perfect. Since I am a person that likes to see and measure progress, I'm going to print out some kind of table that measures out 100 miles or so so that I can mark them off each time the dogs and I take a loop. I figure I will give myself some kind of reward everytime I get to a certain mark. This afternoon the dogs and I just took TWO LOOPS! Cordy was really not excited when we got back to the house and kept on going for a second time around! Oh well, she needs to get in shape just like Mommy does. I'll let you know when I hit my first 25 mile mark!

1 comment:

Kristy said...

What a great idea! I have also used google maps before in order to map out the path I walked and then google does the measuring of the distance.

I especially like the idea of charting your progress on a graph. (I'm picturing those fund-raising type posters where they measure the amount of funds received in trying to reach a certain goal.) I will think of doing something like that and applying it to my treadmill. (Since it's a little colder in Ohio right now than in LA!)

Good luck on your travels!!! =o)