Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Time is flying. I am here at Don's work. He is busy loading all of our possessions onto the transfer truck so we will be a while. Luckily everything is already on pallets and shrinkwrapped but he still has to secure everything. I am not much help since I can't drive a forklift and I am wearing heels. So I get to play on the internet until he is done.

Last night was a relaxing evening. After the long day on Sunday we were both up for doing just about nothing. After an hour of sitting around the house with nothing to do we decided to go to blockbuster and rent some movies. Matt bought a new dvd player and we hooked it up for him and moved Emily's furniture into the den for her after a nice thorough vaccuum. Then we set in for an evening of Movie watching. We rented Night at the Museum, Fletch, V for Vendeta, and Kung Fu Hustle. Last night we watched Night and the Museum and it was quite adorable. It's been a while since I have seen a light family movie and I do love Ben Stiller. The CGI of course was amazing. Loved the dinosaur!

I am getting excited to start my new job. My boss emailed me yesterday wanting my opinion on the new software we are going to get to run our lease programming. Though I'm sure it was more of a gesture than anything, it was nice to be included. The new company I am going with is a brand new start up. I am the first employee and am looking forward to getting the office up and running the way I want it. As we grow, I will be functioning in an admin role, training new staff that we bring on and supervising the office. This is a great role for me to step into with the experience and foundation I already have. It will definitely push me to the next level but it is a step I am prepared for and qualified to make. And the pay increase is nice! Don and I are both making the jump in our careers to the middle management level at the same time so we both have a lot to look forward to.

I think I'll go check on Don and see how things are going with getting the truck loaded. Hopefully it won't be too much longer.

4 comments:

CV said...

When is moving-in day?

Cindy said...

We should be arriving to the area late Wednesday night. Thursday we get the keys to our place and I think our stuff arrives on Friday.

Kristy said...

Wow, how exciting! So, do you know yet if you will be around for Thanksgiving? My trip will have to be planned around my school schedule, but perhaps I can look to Thanksgiving break or even in December after the semester ends. If I plan ahead I could still get some good rates!! And hopefully Kirstie will be coming with me!!

Cindy said...

So far we don't have any commitments for Thanksgiving weekend. That would be awesome if you guys came then as I'm sure that I should have those days off of work anyway. I will check with Don too to make sure he doesn't already have plans that I'm not aware of.